Notes and Commentary from the CDISC PopPK ADaM Subgroup

Hi, my name is Dave Radtke, I co-chair the current working committee within CDISC focused on development of guidelines and standards for population PK and PK/PD datasets with a focus on the creation of ADaM standards for datasets. I will post presentations and discussion topics here from time to time for review and comments. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and input.

3 Likes

Dave

Much thanks…The work that the CDISC group does in this regard will be be extremely beneficial, and this forum can act as a great resource for bouncing ideas off of the broader community.

Notes from first meeting, 06-Apr-16
(sorry, I do not have permission to upload files yet, here is some summary slide content):

Opportunities for Exploration

• Rules
    - How to implement ADDL/II
  • Definitions
  • Common Processes
    - Sequence/order of data combination
    - Exclusions?
  • Early analysis
    - Rules, guidelines, blinding
    - How does that differ between companies

Additional Thoughts

• Standard datasets are not intended to force a standard analysis, however, to restrictive of a format may be perceived as forcing an analysis preference

• A possible solution would be to drive to a high level guidance, then move toward specific tool standards

• Do standard tools need to adapt to a data standard as opposed to the data standard fitting all tools?

• What does the agency(agencies) really need? How do they really review our data/analysis?

• How do things differ between the FDA, EMA, PMDA, HCA, Other countries`

• What are various companies currently submitting?

• Standards

- Data standards (data types, rules around nomenclature, implementation)
      - Rules (data handling, exclusion, data correlation)
      - Workflow (may be difficult)

Moving forward

• Team decided to meet bi-weekly

• May try and divide efforts between ISOP groups and CDISC

• The goal should be both a high level standard and specific ADaM standard files maybe more focused on a specific program’s requirements.

• Need to look at how population PK program needs fit within existing ADaM standards

• i.e., what does an ADaM dataset look like compared to a standard NONMEM dataset
1 Like

@DBRadtke

you should have permissions to upload materials should you need to.