Background Resources for the Audience: https://github.com/metrumresearchgroup/mrgsolve
User Guide: https://mrgsolve.github.io/user_guide
mrgsolve facilitates simulation in R from hierarchical, ordinary differential equation (ODE) based models typically employed in drug development. The modeler creates a model specification file consisting of R and C++ code that is parsed, compiled, and dynamically loaded into the R session. Input data are passed in and simulated data are returned as R objects, so disk access is never required during the simulation cycle after compiling.
- NMTRAN-like input data sets
- Bolus, infusion, compartment on/off and reset functionality
- Bioavailability, ALAG, SS, II, ADDL, MTIME
- Multivariate normal random effects simulated using RcppArmadillo
- Compatible with parameter estimation and design packages in R (nlme, saemix, PopED, PFIM)
- Integration with data summary (dplyr) and plotting (ggplot, lattice) packages
- Parallelization with existing R infrastructure (mclapply) or Sun Grid Engine (qapply)
- Compatible with output from many different model estimation platforms
- Easily integrated with Shiny to create model-visualization applications
- mrgsolve is a powerful and efficient tool for simulation from ODE-based PK/PD and systems pharmacology models. The resulting computational efficiency facilitates model exploration and application, both during model development and decision-making phases of a drug development program.