I would like to create a new topic here as we are proposing a first challenge and may have more. Also the model repository is now a community which is global and we would love to have more modelers, joining our group of volunteers.
DDMoRe Model Repository challenge
One of the recently created and volunteer led DDMoRe community group focusing on the DDMoRe Model Repository wishes to launch its first challenge:
“Win a prize by publishing models into the DDMoRe Model Repository (http://repository.ddmore.foundation) and promote exchange and transparency in Science”
Who can apply? Anybody.
Who can sponsor?
• If you are a company and agree that this idea benefits our scientific community, you can make a financial donation here or pass by the DDMoRe booth at PAGE (number 6) and your company will become an official sponsor of the DDMoRe foundation challenge webpage and be seen to promote community led open science!
• If you provide training to our scientific community/organizing congress, and agree that this idea benefits our scientific community, you can provide free places for DDMoRe Model Repository Challenge Prize Winners on your training courses/congress and your organization will become an official sponsor of the DDMoRe foundation challenge webpage and be seen to promote community led open science ! (please send us an email with your intention to firstname.lastname@example.org to process your donation)
You wish to make an in-kind contribution? DONATE your models to the DDMoRe Model Repository
• If you are an author of a recent scientific publication with access to the published model codes, then submit your model. If you do not have time, add your papers into our list and be ready to help any other scientist to get credit for your models ! You will receive acknowledgement and credit from the scientific community for promoting exchange and transparency in science and your models will become more visible and cited. If interested please send us an email to email@example.com or pass by the DDMoRe booth at PAGE (number 6).
Deadline for sponsorship (preferred) or intention of sponsorship: 29th of June 2017
If the level of financial support committed is sufficient then the following challenge will go live on June 30th:
How does it work?
• The applicant should submit himself/herself for the models to be eligible for a prize.
• The types of models to be uploaded by the applicant should be selected from a list provided by the model repository community group (which will be published on June 30th). This list has been created to avoid duplication and to provide the community with access to the most recent and/or cited published models.
o Other models (for instance PAGE, ACoP, other journals, etc….) can be accepted for credit, but these should be proposed in advance to the model repository community group (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Once the applicant has selected an eligible model from the list, he/she will be required to submit and share that model on the DDMoRe model repository.
• To be considered eligible, the model should be published following the submission guidelines of the DDMoRe model repository. If the model is uploaded in MDL/ PharmML the applicant will receive 3 credits, if the model is submitted in the original code the applicant will receive 1 credit. If the model is currently not available online, the applicant will receive an additional credit on top.
How will the winners be decided?
• A panel committee will review the applications that satisfy the eligibility criteria.
• The 5 applicants with the highest credit will receive a prize.
What will the winners receive?
• The prizes will be determined by the level of sponsorship received by DDMoRe foundation for this challenge during the next few weeks (by June 29th).
• The prize money may be used to reimburse (in part or wholly) the winners travel expenses (flight/hotel) to attend ether a scientific congress or a training workshop.
Planned deadline for the challenge: 30th of September 2017
Why do we believe in model exchange and transparency?
Modellers: improve your productivity by using directly executable models published in the DDMoRe repository and increase the impact of your own models by sharing them!
Journal editors: ensure the reproducibility of your publication content by requiring the model code be published on the DDMoRe repository.
The volunteers of the DDMoRe model repository community group
(join us any time at https://www.ddmore.foundation/model-repository-community/